The United States Peace Corps in Senegal
seeks a Temporary Regional Coordinator (TRC)
, under short term contracts, the position will be required to be temporarily (1 week – 3 months) located in different regions of Senegal (Center, East, North or South) as needed.
Incumbents will work under the supervision and coordination of the Regional Manager. The purpose of the services is to replace staff during their absence and be responsible for advancing Peace Corps Senegal’s mission and supporting the needs of all Peace Corps Volunteers (PCV) based in these areas. Due to the myriad of duties required, the Temporary Regional Coordinator should have a high degree of prioritization, organization and attention to detail and is expected to work some evenings, holidays and weekend hours.
The candidates must hold the following qualifications:
These qualifications are not required, but are a plus:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English equivalent to Level 4.
- Preferred fluency in Wolof and one other national language spoken in target regions (Pulaar du nord, pulaar du sud+ Mandika, Pullo fuuta +Diakhanke/Mandika, Serere);
- Associate’s degree (Bac+2) or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated experience working or associating with foreigners in Senegal;
- Clean driving record;
- Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and calendar programs;
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and make sound decisions, to communicate to broad range of people across various cultures;
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented in creating efficient processes;
- Demonstrated willingness to do engage in both intellectual and manual endeavors;
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Substantial experience in agro forestry or agriculture or in a similar position;
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in public health;
- Demonstrated accounting or small commerce experience;
- Demonstrated experience with a USG organization, preferably the Peace Corps.
The full positions description and requirement are available upon request at..... Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
- Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
- Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire;
- Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks.
All applications are required electronically and in English to...with “TRC”, in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Tuesday December 26, 2017. Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.