Description de l'offre
Title: Senior Food Processing Advisor
Reports to: Chief of Party
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Program Description
Under the anticipated USAID-funded Senegal Agriculture Value Chain Services project TechnoServe will ensure the scaling and expanded access of farmers active in the feed the future zone of influence to productivity enhancing technologies, on both the production and harvest cycles. This five-year project will work to empower grassroots farmer organizations to develop capacity towards grain consolidation networks, build the capacity of buyers, processors and input dealers to access new technologies and markets. Lastly, the project will enable financial institutions support agricultural growth by developing investment structures which result in increased access to credit, equipment leasing and smallholder farmer insurance mechanisms.
III. Position Description
The Senior Food Processing Advisor is the technical lead overseeing the provision of strategic advisory services to food processors. S/he will oversee all engagements with selected small and growing food processors, with primary focus on clients requiring more advanced, customized support. S/he will collaborate with other team members in-country and across the project, to ensure coordinated and impactful implementation. The Senior Food Processing Advisor will report to the Chief of Party
- Implement an objective, equitable, and transparent process for selection of processors who will contribute to intended program impacts based upon agreed selection criteria and pathways to impact. Particular attention must be given to representation of women-owned or -managed processors.
- Evaluate processors based on concept notes, interviews and site visits, and verification of information supplied in the initial application.
- Conduct final selection based upon consultation with the Chief of Party and project counterparts
- Document the processor selection process.
- Maintain a pipeline of sufficient clients to ensure adequate engagement of food processing experts.
Processor Assessment and Categorization
- Conduct a diagnostic assessment of each of the selected processors to identify priority business and technical challenges.
- Share and discuss the assessment with the client to verify findings, seek clarifications, and ensure a common understanding of the priorities. Use appropriate interview and business advisory methodologies to dig deeper and ensure that the root problems are identified.
- Categorize selected processors partners into predefined segments to pair them with the appropriate level and sophistication of technical advice.
Processor Relationship Management
- Conduct a foundational meeting for newly on-boarded clients to explain the project and partners and to agree on expectations.
- Oversee the signing and management of client agreements, including extensions as necessary and graduation.
- Ensure regular communication with all clients to maintain their satisfaction with project support and early identification of any problems.
- Act as the bridge between the agribusiness’s component of project, the prime contractor, and the client.
- For less sophisticated clients with simpler technical and business needs, support the Food Processing Advisor and Capacity Development Lead/Training Manager to develop and deliver standardized trainings and quick win
- solutions, or more straightforward charters.
- Work with the Food Processing Advisor to facilitate university student internships / apprenticeship initiative with foundational processors.
- For more sophisticated clients with more complex needs, develop and facilitate alignment on a project charter for each processor.
- Facilitate processors to adopt policies and practices that create safer and more equitable work environments for women.
- Source and facilitate relevant expertise from partner company volunteer experts to support the food processors. Liaise between volunteers and processors to ensure clear expectations and smooth communication.
- Plan activities to ensure that the shared objectives are met within the set times and resources and that impact is maximized.
- Provide on-the-ground support for implementation of technical advice, on issues including: product quality improvement, new product development, equipment upgrading, compliance with international standards, marketing, and branding.
- Provide business coaching as appropriate.
Sector Wide Trainings
- Support the project Capacity Development Lead, PFS experts, and local training institutes with technical input on identification of appropriate topics and development of curricula for sector wide training in support of broader industry development.
Access to Finance
- Coordinate with processors and project financing partner to facilitate access to finance for the growth of assisted companies.
- Liaise with the Market Linkages Manager to identify processors with an interest to improve supply chain linkages to smallholder farmers.
- Liaise with the Market Linkages Manager to identify processors with an interest to market nutritious products to low-income markets.
- Support, as necessary, client communication and coordination on these areas.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- In coordination with the M&E Manager, monitor progress toward project objectives, manage collection of processor reporting data, review data, and make recommendations to adapt project approach as necessary to maximize impact.
- Contribute towards explanations of metric results and provide input to reports.
- Provide anecdotal evidence of impact, including success stories, case studies, and lessons learned.
- Contribute well-written, cohesive sections of narrative reports for submission to the donor.
- Ensure activities carried out are in accordance with TechnoServe and donor requirements.
- Coordinate with local stakeholders, participating in relevant industry forums and represent the project's agribusiness component to the prime contractor and the client.
- Work with stakeholders operating in the same space including the government and regulatory authorities to ensure that the project contributes to the national food security and nutrition agenda.
- Performance management of the Food Processing Adviser and delegation of responsibilities especially for less sophisticated clients.
IV. Required Skills and Experience:
- Understand all gender integration requirements (donor as well as internal to TechnoServe).
- Review gender targets and progress and make suggestions for course correction to country and program leadership, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related area, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years' work experience in food processing, with at least 3 working in a manufacturing plant.
- Proven track record in providing technical solutions to food processors.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) as well as worker safety.
- Exceptionally strong project management and analytical skills, as evidenced by leading roles on successful initiatives of significant scale.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint).
- Strong English skills.
Thank you for sending me your CV, Cover Letter 3 reference persons to : ...