Description de l'offre
Unissons-nous pour tes enfants
UNICEF Senegal is recruiting:
Title: Security Officer
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Dakar Senegal
Purpose for the job
Due to the substantive nature of the UNICEF presence in Dakar the purpose of the post is to enhance the se-curity support to all UNICEF personnel employed in Dakar (Country and regional office). The post will serve as the focal point for liaison with local and national authorities, as well as the agency specific support to all personnel in all security matters, including but not Iimited to:
• Management and oversight of UNICEF warden system
• Travel advisories and mission support in Senegal
• Briefings and advisories to visitors and newly arrived personnel
• Monitoring and analysis of the security situation in Senegal
Key Expected Results The function will ensure consistency in the security sup-port to Dakar / Senegal based UNICEF personnel, assets and operations and is expected to enhance the opera-tional efficiency of same.
Key Accountabilities and Duties &Tasks Security Officer
1. Assists the RSA in monitoring the implementation of security policies and procedures;
2. Assists in all supporting matters pertaining to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel, premises and assets;
3. Assists in developing UNICEF security plans and the country security plan;
4. Assists in preparing security risk assessments on UNICEF operations, residences and premises;
5. Assist in monitoring the implementation of MOSS and Residential Security Measures and monitor overall compliance for UNICEF;
6. Assists in conducting security training for UNICEF personnel, locally-recruited guards and others as appropriate;
7. Liaise on regular basis with local and national au-thorities (Police, Gendarmerie, Fire brigade and civil protection);
8. Any other tasks as assigned by the Regional Security Advisor Communication between them and necessary documentation.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Education: First university degree or equivalent in Se-curity Risk Management, Political Science, Military Sci-ence, Law Enforcement, Law or related area. Substantial qualifying experience and training may be considered in lieu of the first university degree.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in security risk man-agement including working as senior officer, senior management in the Senegalese security forces. Experience from working in multinational environments is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluent in French and local language. Working knowledge of English (written and oral)
Candidates must be national of Senegal and are asked to attach with their applications:
• A cover letter
• A curriculum Vitae
• A P11 form completed and signed (P11 Form will be uploaded from
• Copy of diploma and certificates
• Internai candidates should provide their two last Performance Evaluation Reports.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent through the link:
Deadline for application: 13 Janvier 2017
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment