Description de l'offre
MARIE STOPES INTERNATIONAL RECRUIT A SAHEL MIS LEAD
Marie Stopes International has initiated a programme to radically transform the data collected and used by team members around the world. The Data Transformation lead will manage and support the implementation of data collection solutions and digital tools used by team members and partners across MSI’s Sahel region. The role will be centred around MSI’s new digital project in the Sahel, designed to introduce a suite of digital mobile-based applications that will support community-based workers in these countries. The role will also cover support and mentorship on existing data collection solutions to colleagues and front-end users across the Sahel.
1 - Digital tools expertise
2 - Embed a data use culture
- Tools expertise: develop expertise in CommCare, CLIC, DHIS2, MSI’s BI tools and complimenting software
- App configuration: support design of applications and solutions per MSI requirements, priorities and needs
- Work with London-based MIS and IT teams to ensure tools developed continue to meet the organisation’s needs, including proactive reviews and implementing necessary adjustments as agreed
3 - Support improvement in data quality and governance across 4 CP
- Manage roll-outs of technology and processes to frontline team members, including identifying key stakeholders in country programs, developing detailed roll-out plans, and manage ongoing reviews of processes and data use.
- Implementation support: support all aspects (IT/device management, platform and user) of the implementation of the mobile platform: support teams in using the system and related processes.
- Provide mentorship to colleagues, in program, operations and RME team: support and build capacity in driving data transformation across the Sahel.
- Ensure all users and stakeholders are properly trained: develop manuals/training materials and support networks of super users as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Support data quality of data collected, by developing and disseminating best practices in systems to monitor data quality, routinely analysing it, and address issues that arise.
- Build analysis and reporting capacity, including working with Core team to develop new reports, analyse data captured, and train key users on conducting independent analyses.
- Support RME team to organize the confidentiality and security of all portfolio data, including information governance training, and developing rigorous back-up processes.
- Support a culture-transformation of evidence-based decision-making across the Sahel by developing tools and data visualisations that support frontline staff in day-to-day decision making,
- Stakeholder management: engage project sponsors and relevant stakeholders to drive success
- Degree in MIS, M&E, IT or any other numerate discipline.
- Certificate or vocational qualification in MIS, M&E or another analytical field, or formal certification in databases, analysis etc.
- Post-graduate qualification in public health, international development, public management or related field (desirable)
- Experience in setting up and managing complex data collection systems in remote areas
- Experience in producing clear and simple reports, including charts & graphs, for end-users.
- Experience in change management and project management.
- Experience in presenting to and persuading diverse audiences, and in delivering training to users.
- Experience in undertaking complex analysis using Excel or similar.
- Desirable: Experience with CommCare (preferred) or similar platform
- Desirable: Experience with DHIS2
- Desirable: experience in using databases to manage, query and extract data
- Desirable: experience of distance collaboration with colleagues in other countries
- Excellent communicator in both English and French
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to explain complex MIS concepts to non-experts.
- Highly numerate, with strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Good skills in managing and analysing data with Excel and/or databases (e.g. Access)
- Detailed understanding of M&E theory and practice
- Practical and proactive approach to tasks with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Commitment to field work, and willingness to travel frequently to implement and oversee systems, train staff and resolve issues.
- Committed to the importance of MIS and evidence-based decision-making.
- Keen to learn new technologies and techniques, and to support innovation.
- Strong team player, able to share and document work, as well as communicate effectively with colleagues.