Description de l'offre
MSF in West Africa – background information
Médecins Sans Frontières is currently running medical and humanitarian activities in 13 countries in the West and Central Africa region . The volume of MSF operations fluctuates in this region affected by regular major emergencies and structural medical challenges: conflicts in Nigeria, CAR, Mali and resulting refugee crises; high instability in the Sahel region with the presence of various armed groups; recurrence of epidemics (Ebola, measles, cholera) and underlying structural health issues (malaria, malnutrition).
The Regional field digital officer is a new position in the West and Central Africa region. He/she is responsible of implementing field-based digital activity for MSF West Africa accounts and helping to strategize content according to the audience we intend to reach. The position will support the Regional communications coordinator (RCC), the field communications managers and officers present in the region with content production, strategic dissemination and trainings (particularly digital and multimedia material). He/she will take over the responsibilities of the Regional Communications Coordinator upon request.
Develop and implement social media and online communications tailored for the region (60%).
1. Develop and implement the social media strategy of MSF West African regional accounts
• Support the design of wider communications strategy for MSF West Africa in coordination with the field resources
• Manage the MSF West Africa twitter account and coordinate field and editor network.
• Ensure quality control of MSF West Africa channels
• Adapt and tailor MSF communications materials for the regional digital channels and audiences
• Develop a network of social media ambassadors, in collaboration with Field Communications Manager (FCM)/Field Communications Officers (FCO) and operations
• Upon request, support the implementation of Comms initiatives and campaigns to support operational messaging with regard to social media and coordinate publications with the different stakeholders in the MSF network
2. Community management:
• Manage and develop channel and engagement with the West and Central Africa digital community
• Liaise with other African hubs regarding African digital channels and materials
• Monitor relevant social media trends and accounts in the region on a daily basis to assess, promote and protect MSF reputation and principles online
• Map influential accounts on West and Central Africa for potential influencer engagement opportunities
Production of Multimedia content in support to the field (30%)
1. Direct production
• Upon request of (field) Comms teams and/or upon previous identification of Comms initiatives with relevant Comms stakeholders, travel to MSF projects to find stories and produce multimedia content ready to be shared on media/social media or, when relevant,
• Support FCM/ FCO, Communications Advisers (CA) and RCC in identifying external video-makers/ photographers or graphic designer who could be contracted,
• Produce and edit video footage, photo-albums, audio files and infographics for MSF West African social media channels in collaboration with the Operational Video and Photo Editors;
• Facilitate photographer/ cameraman visits in the field and accompany them upon request
2. Advise and support to the field
• Upon request from FCM / FCO, CA, train Field Communications resources and operations on the ground for content creation for social media, social media management and community building.
• Upon request from FCM / FCO, provide a technical support on Comms strategies with regard to photo / video / multimedia tools and dissemination
• Ensure quality control of MSF West Africa channel through curation and tailoring of MSF and field contents
Develop and strengthen internal communications in the region (10%)
• Collect operational updates from MSF projects in the region and share them with other regional positions or relevant stakeholders
• Identify channels and platforms for dissemination of operational updates
• Maintain up to date dissemination list for MSF
Other tasks in support of communication in the region
• Take up any regional communication projects upon request
• Update the Dakar online newsroom when needed
• Keep up to date a list of field cameramen and photographers in the region
• Act as the focal point for crisis social media monitoring concerning the region
MSF Section/ Context Specific Activities
The Regional field digital officer is an intersectional position, which will report to the RCC on behalf of MSF’s Communications Coordinators group. The position is hosted in MSF’s regional office in Dakar.
• Degree in journalism, communications, political science or related field
• At least three years of previous work experience in communications, journalism or public relations
• Previous work experience in community management, digital communications strategy implementation, particularly in emergencies/crises
• Previous work experience in multimedia content production
• Experience working for MSF or other international NGOs in developing countries
• Strong command in (written and spoken) in French, fluency in English.
• Fluency in local languages would be an advantage
• Community management
• Photo, video and multimedia skills
• Excellent communication skills, outgoing personality, and autonomous
• Ability to interact in English in an online work environment (email, social media)
• Availability to travel (40%), including to insecure areas on short notice, and be on calls 24hrs
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
If you wish to apply please apply on line
Deadline March 4th 2018 at 6:00 PM