Project Manager for Returnee Reintegration Program – Senegal
Shelter For Life International (SFL) is a Christian relief and development organization with over 30 years of history in providing humanitarian assistance to post-conflict countries. SFL is currently operational in Afghanistan, Liberia, Senegal and Tajikistan. SFL provides support and assistance in the following areas:
- Shelter and Population Settlement
- Development of Small and Medium Size Enterprises
- Agriculture Development and Food Security
- Reconstruction of Public and Market Infrastructure, e.g., farm-to-market roads, irrigation systems, food storage, etc.
SFL’s mission is to demonstrate God’s love by enabling people affected by conflict and disaster to restore their lives and rebuild their communities. You can learn more about us at : www.shelter.org
SFL seeks a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of a U.S. government-funded program to assist returning refugees and internally displaced people in Senegal. This program will support the people of the Casamance to return to their original villages by aiding in the construction of basic transitional shelters, a safe water supply, and latrines.
The Project Manager will provide leadership to the team and will oversee the progress of operations. He/she will be responsible for overall project implementation and reporting.
Job description :
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Provides leadership, supervision, support, and direction to both long and short-term staff.
- Oversees financial and administrative aspects of the project effectively, including the budget.
- Determines needed resources (labor, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Provides oversight for all aspects of logistics, including vehicles and communications within their area of control
- Plans all construction operations and ensures deadlines will be met
- Acquires necessary equipment and material and monitors inventory to timely handle inadequacies
- Hires contractors and other staff and delegates responsibilities
- Ensures that the project meet all of the objectives and deliverables that were outlined in the project proposal
- Evaluates progress and prepares detailed weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports in a timely manner
- Coordinates with staff to document project achievements, which, in addition to data, may also include photographs, videos and human-interest stories showing improvement in the quality of life for beneficiaries.
- Communicates project progress to the Chief of Party and HQ staff, reporting on any problems or difficulties in quality of construction and/or situations that could negatively impact the timely completion of the project
- At least BAC +3 (preference BAC +5) in engineering, building science, project management or relevant field
- A minimum of 8 years experience managing programs and projects
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing people
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- An in-depth understanding and experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects including setting up robust monitoring systems to measure progress towards indicators
- Excellent written and verbal English and French.
- Proven ability to develop a comprehensive work plan detailing work activities and responsibilities months in advance
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Microsoft Project
- Dynamic leadership skills with ability to maintain a positive work environment with professionalism.
- Strong teamwork and listening skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to research, analyze, coordinate, & plan – both strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to quickly assess complex programs and situations and form accurate opinions.
- Ability to respond practically and operate successfully in difficult field conditions.
- Willingness to adopt the use of locally appropriate technologies.
- Ability to be flexible, persistent and diplomatic and to gain respect among staff, local community leaders as well as local government ministries and donor organizations.
SFL is interested in applicants whose professional ethics, values and determination to achieve impact are evident and aligned with organizational priorities.
- This is a full-time contracted position for 1 year based in Ziguinchor, Senegal.
In your resume, the work experience should be presented chronologically and should contain sufficient details to enable the technical review team to evaluate the qualifications and experience. The CV/resume in English
should include the name, telephone number, and email of at least two references who do not work for the employee's current company.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:.......
Deadline : September 07, 2018.