The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a Programming and Training Specialist for Community Economy Development (PTS CED)
who will be located at the Peace Corps office in Dakar, Senegal. Under the supervision of the Associate Peace Corps Director (APCD) for the Community Economic Development (CED) in Peace Corps/Senegal, the Programming and Training Specialist (PTS) will provide on-going support to the implementation of the CED program in Senegal and conduct training activities for Community Economic Development Volunteers (PCVs).
The CED PTS supports the Associate Peace Corps Director in the planning, researching, managing and evaluating of the CED program and assists in providing technical and administrative support to Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees. The CED PTS also serves as the head technical trainer during Pre-Service and In-Service trainings (PST/IST), enabling training and programming to be fully integrated into the CED program. The candidates must hold the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in economics, finances or Business administration;
- Three years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience working for profit or nonprofit economic development or business sector in Senegal;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English equivalent to Level 4. Preferred proficiency of a national language of Senegal.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office; Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Experience working in a multicultural setting;
- Experience in project design and implementation;
- Proven experience in training design and implementation Experience supporting/coordinating people from other cultures;
- Ability to provide business training and coaching;
- Ability to train and facilitate trainings with American and Senegalese audiences;
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Understanding of American adult learning approaches;
- Understanding of Senegal economic development policies and strategies;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Ability to be organized and detail oriented in creating efficient processes;
- Capacity to travel frequently throughout Senegal and often in rough roads
The full position description and requirement are available upon request at .
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
- Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
- Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and "extrait of casier Judiciaire;
- Interested applicants must have ability to pass security and medical exams
All applications are required electronically and in English to : with "PTS CED"
in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Sunday August 27, 2017.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.