MyAgro Search for Program Manager
MyAgro is looking for a Program Manager for Senegal and Mali in full time with profiency in english and French, the selected candidate will be based in Senegal or Mali.
MyAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertiliser, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About Program Manager role
Program Managers are leaders and high performers on myAgro’s team, focused on execution of a diverse program portfolio and management of staff. Program Managers independently and effectively carry out 5-8 projects, both field and office-based. You will operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling competing priorities and deadlines, while effectively leading and developing a team of talented Program Associates, office staff and/or field staff. You will invest in building your team’s capacity to work yourself out of a job.
In this role, you will independently set the direction and approach to your work through proactively designing solutions to complex organizational challenges. Program Managers understand the budget constraints, the necessity to build for scale, and the broad strategic implications of their work.
Your exact mix of projects and direct reports will depend on your background and program needs.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- At least four years of work experience and prior management experience, preferably in a similar fast-growth social enterprise.
- Two years experience working and living in a developing country
- French and English proficiency – Business in Mali and Senegal is conducted in French, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro.
- Strong managerial skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises in West Africa
- Flight benefits and transitional housing
- Excellent global health benefits and paid time off
- Stipend for local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Availability : urgent
Location : Senegal or Mali
How to apply :
- The duration of the contract will be two (02) years ;
- Language : Proficiency in English and French (required).
Si vous croyez être la personne que nous recherchons, envoyez-nous votre lettre de motivation et CV à l’email : ......
en précisant dans l’objet :Program Manager
Date limite dépôt : le 28 Février 2018