Post-doctoral Research Scientist (West Africa Regional Office - Senegal)
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa. The APHRC seeks to recruit a Post-doctoral Research Scientist
to work in the West Africa Regional Office (WARO) in Senegal.
Qualifications and experience
- Lead and contribute to proposal development and fundraising for research projects in the WARO;
- Participate in the design of scientific research and training tasks;
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of research projects in the following fields:
Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health; Urban Health; Demography, Impact Evaluation and related research fields. Tasks include and are not limited to: project design, project management and documentation, training of research assistants, field supervision, data management and analysis, technical report writing;
- Actively engage in scientific publications including peer-reviewed articles, briefing papers and blogs;
- Contribute to scientific writing, and production of donor reports; and,
- Lead in policy engagement and dissemination of research findings to appropriate audiences
- PhD in Demography, Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Geographic, Health
Economics or related field or any other related discipline;
- Experience working in a research institution, conducting research, leading research programs or managing research projects;
- Strong proposal writing skills with a good track record of winning research grants;
- Good quantitative skills, with extensive familiarity with statistical packages (e.g. STATA, SPSS or SAS);
- Excellent scientific writing skills and a good record of publications on relevant areas in subSaharan Africa;
- Experience in research capacity strengthening and facilitation of research trainings will be an advantage;
- Ability to competently use both English and French languages in writing and speaking.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter and CV in English through the following link http://www.senjob.com/soumission.php?jobid=OTMwNTg= by December 05, 2019.
- Experience and familiarity with a diverse set of social science data sets;
- Expertise in qualitative methods, including familiarity with qualitative analysis software
packages (e.g. NVivo);
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team;
- Experience working in Francophone West Africa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.