Description de l'offre
JOB DESCRIPTION â MATERIAL CO-ORDINATOR
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Supply Chain Superintendent
Purpose / Objective
Reporting to the Supply Chain Super intendent, the Material Co-Ordinator has overall responsibility of the warehouse functions of purchasing and receiving goods, inventory management and database management.
The Material Co-Ordinator is accountable for:
- managing direct reports
- supervising indirect reports
- Manage the site warehouse operation including logistics, freight, receipts, returns, credits and purchasing for all equipment and supplies coming into the operation.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of the warehouse to reduce delivery times to internal customers, minimising cost of warehouse operation, and maximising site productivity.
- Manage stock levels for the warehouse by monitoring the quality, quantity and positioning of the material stock holding in the group and take appropriate action for variances to standard.
- Oversee the dispatch operation to ensure that it operates efficiently, effectively and safely and meeting internal customer requirements.
- Liaise with the production and transport operations to ensure that there is effective coordination of all operations and that internal customer requirements are met.
- Provide advice and guidance to company managers and staff on warehouse utilisation, logistics, transport costs, etc.
- Ensure all Stock Items are correctly located with Identification â location, stock number, part number.
- Identify and remove obsolete stock from the computerised system, and identify a method in conjunction with others for the transparent disposal of obsolete stock.
- Ensure accuracy and timely input of stores records on the computer system and ensuring appropriate systems and controls are in place for resources and assets management.
- Prepare quantitative KPIâs and Reports on a regular basis and as requested.
- Carry out work as directed
- Provide management, guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to the team.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team to identify areas requiring improvement and implement training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Promote and develop the skills of subordinates through the transfer of technology and skill development through on-the-job training programs.
- Conduct formal career development discussions with employees and identify development opportunities and programs that assist with defining future career progression possibilities.
- Encourage and facilitate effective and supportive communication between all team members and related departments
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
- Ensure every person within team is fit for work.
- Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
- Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
- Ensure hazard management plans are observed.
- Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
All In Sustaining Costs (AISC)
- Meet required monthly safety submissions
- 4 per month documented safety interactions
- 4 per month documented near miss incident reports
- 4 per month documented Hazard identification reports
- 1 per month documented planned task observations
- 4 per month documented planned inspections
- Ensure direct reports achieve their monthly safety submissions.
- Rectify 100% of âAâ class safety hazards on the same day.
- Achieve zero (0) department fatalities per year
- Achieve less than 4 LTI for department per year
- Hold toolbox meeting with every day with his team
- Manage leave roster to maintain 100% coverage.
- Control monthly labour expenditure within the agreed budget
- Achieve monthly zero unplanned absenteeism
- Control monthly overtime expenditure within the agreed budget
- Control monthly contractor cost within the agreed budget
- Weekly send all orders and receptions to Finance Department.
- Ensure issuing monthly report on all stock valuation
- Achieve at least 98% inventory accuracy
- Achieve 99.5% damage free
- Perform yearly physical inventory control
- Improve the service level of the section by 95%
- Oversee daily update of maintenance planners on available inventory level and PO tracking
- Oversee offloading, and ensure 100% documentation conformity, labelling and invoicing
- Ensure 100% coding accuracy regarding data entry in ERP for old as well as new items
- Ensure the warehouse team receives the right weekly/monthly training to be comfortable with policies, programmes and procedures
Constraints, Frameworks & Boundaries
- Control monthly expenditure to within the agreed budget
- Ensure zero payment for settlement of SCM-related claims
- Ensure zero penalty payment for offloading delays
- Follow Mako (Petowal)âs expenditure approval matrix for all operating and capital expenses.
- Report any breaches in compliance particularly with all statutory requirements and company standards
- Ensure compliance to dangerous, hazard material management in collaboration with environment and safety
- Ensure that all site procedures are adhered to with respect to purchases and that operations comply with all relevant government and statutory Laws, Acts and Regulations.
- To manage a large-scale warehouse in the most cost effective and time efficient manner in order to fully satisfy Supply Chain Management operating objectives and internal customer satisfaction expectations
- To ensure such a business critical function runs smoothly that has many different stakeholders and inputs in a high-pressure and remote work environment.
- To continually provide visibility to all stakeholders regarding stock movement, shipments and logistics for business critical parts and equipment that affect the day-to-day operational activities.
- Roster: In accordance with the standard mine rotation schedule which is currently 6 weeks on/3 weeks off with continuous management coverage for the department.
- Hours: TBA
- Location: Mine site (approximately 750 km from Dakar)
- SCM Manager
- Warehouse Stores, Buyers and Inventory Controllers
- Procurement and Logistics Department
- Department Heads
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Local and International Vendors & Suppliers
- Local Authorities
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Warehousing, Inventory, Materials Management, technical, business or management equivalent
HOW TO APPLY:
- Minimum 10 years experience in a Warehouse operations role in a remote mining environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a management level role.
- Strong communication, organisation and personnel skills, strong analytical capabilities, sound business sense, advanced documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- French / English language skills essential
- Proficient in ERP systems and excellent knowledge of Excel
- Experience in a third world country with a preference for West African experience, particularly Mako (Petowal)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks
- Possesses strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team
- Demonstrates strong conceptual skills, and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- A reputation for integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Please, click on the following link to apply for this job position