Description de l'offre
The Maintenance Manager Floating Plant is the head of Mine Maintenance department responsible for the maintenance of the Dredge, WCP and Borefields.
Tizir has selected Globe 24-7 as recruitment partner to successfully source the Maintenance Manager Floating Plant position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
Located almost at the end of the Hardangerfjord on the west coast of Norway, the TiZir Titanium and Iron (TTI) ilmenite upgrading facility has been producing titanium slag and high purity pig iron (HPPI) since 1986. It is the only such facility in Europe and only one of five in the world. The current capacity is 230ktpa of titanium slag and 100ktpa of high purity pig iron.
• Provide technical expertise to Mining and production by maintaining relationships with external engineering workshops, consultants, suppliers and equipment manufacturers
• Troubleshooting problems and providing feedback to the department
• Carrying out trials to increase life of components or reducing costs and report feedback
• Identify and lead improvement projects
• Transfer knowledge and skills to the National and expat workforce
• Assists the Mine Manager to meet production targets by ensure daily weekly and monthly plans align with the mine plan, forecasting annual maintenance shutdown plans and ensure spares stock levels are adequate to support maintenance plans
• Ensure succession plans are being followed for Nationalisation of expat positions
• Ensure skills and knowledge are being transferred to the National workforce
• Create opportunities for National staff development
• Ensure adequate supervision is applied to meet workload
• Coach and mentor National and expat Superintendents and supervisors
• Maintain discipline in the workforce
• Plan and execute improvement projects
• Create weekly KPI reports, monthly reports for maintenance department
• Report monthly cost Report variances to monthly department costs
• Ensure compliance to site safety systems
• Consolidating information and preparing a draft budget and submitting to the Finance Manager for discussions and analysis
• Preparing revisions to the budget during the course of the year, as and when required
As the successful candidate, it is essential that you possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
• Minimum qualification with equivalence of a 4 year Degree/ Bacc +4.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in a similar working environment.
• Must have high volume mining experience, be technically fluent in Mineral Sands mining maintenance regimes & strategies.
• Should possess the ability hire, evaluate, discipline other employees.
• Make substantial decisions independently.
• Manage maintenance budgets, purchases and high value component replacements.
• Ability to review & authorize safe work procedures.
• Develop systems and processes for the safe and efficient completion of maintenance work.
• Strong planning and organization skills for managing plant shutdowns for maintenance.
• Excellent decision making skills
• Able to communicate effectively internally and externally at all levels and build effective relationships.
Tizir offers great opportunities to learn and build a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.