Logistic Manager For Gambia
Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organization that aims to provide solutions to hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action Against Hunger focuses on nutrition, health and healthcare practices; food security and livelihoods; water, sanitation and hygiene.
Action Against Hunger-Spain has been operational in Senegal since 2010 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sector strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Know objectives of Action Against Hunger-Senegal are to continue building reputation for nutritional expertise to deliver integrated Nutrition, WASH and FSL assistance in a new Senegambia Food Security and Livelihoods Project name KONKOBAYO. The objective of this project is to Improve the food and nutrition security of vulnerable communities, households and individuals in the targeted Districts of Upper River Region (Basse) and Central River Region (Kuntaur), Eastern Gambia. Action Against Hunger will worked with two local NGO Partners WASDA and WIG.
The Logistic manager will be responsible for:
Main Objectives and tasks
- Ensure coordination between Logistics and the other departments in the Mission, in order to provide the adequate level of support to Action Against Hunger operations in Gambia
- Manage the Logistics department, monitoring its performance in all the processes related to Logistics to ensure they are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy
- Manage, monitored and apply the security in Gambia’s base.
The main objectives and tasks will be as follows:
Objective 1: Manage logistics activities at national level
- Manage logistics activities at national level;
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and
- Operational support to Gambia´s base security management.
Objective 2: Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and implementing partners
- Internal coordination of the logistics activities in the mission with the other department;
- Support the standardization of the procedure and template;
- Dissemination and implementation of Action Against Hunger logistics procedures (Kit Log);
- Implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger´s Supply Chain Management Tools;
- Creation, updating and dissemination of the Mission´s Supply Plan;
- Implementation of the anti-fraud policy and its tools within the logistics department;
- Ensure the cohesion and good communication within the department;
- Creation of accurate reports to donors on all logistics aspects defined by their policy
(including stock, equipment, fleet and procurement);
- Validate the monthly logistics expenditure forecast;
- Control and analyze the Mission´s Logistics costs;
- Analyze and optimize equipment use;
- Implement Action Against Hunger´s IT policy in Gambia’s base;
- Manage equipment according to Action Against Hunger and donors’ guidelines;
- Ensure the correct and documented transfer of equipment on completion of projects;
- Ensure an efficient fleet planning and management in the Mission;
- Compile, analyze and consolidate all the logistics reports in the mission.
Objective 3: Operational support to Gambia´s base security management
- Define the specifics of logistics management in any joint project between Action Against
Hunger and its implementing partners;
- Ensure any practices not already in use by Action Against Hunger are analyzed and considered for implementation;
- Contribute and validate the logistics component of any written agreement between Action
Against Hunger and its implementing partners;
- Prepare and organize training session with local partner;
- Monitor and fellow partner’s logistics activities.
- Advise the Country Manage on matters related to security management;
- Deputies as security manager in the absence of the Country Manager;
- Collect and disseminate externally produced security information to the relevant staff in the
- Contribute to monitor the compliance of all staff with Gambia´s base security regulations;
- Contribute to the follow up on the physical status and availability of contingency measures and equipment (e.g. hibernation boxes, back-up vehicles);
- Contribute to the design and update of the operational component of Gambia´s base Security Plan package.
Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills
Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become quickly self-sufficient;
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
Motivation and Involvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a base/mission or the organization itself;
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs);
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
Professionalism and Management
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals;
- Interest in involvement beyond the job assigned, i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organization itself;
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic
aspects of the country;
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner;
- Ability to deal with relations with local partners as a representative of Action Against Hunger;
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner.
Our remuneration package:
- Master’s degree in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset, Bachelor’s degree or
higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field.
- Advanced knowledge of logistical aspects of technical humanitarian
- Advanced knowledge of security principles and standard operating procedures in a humanitarian context Knowledge of the ACF logistical framework (Kit Log)
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in field logistics base or coordination in a Humanitarian Aid organization.
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management and asset management.
- Experience in budgeting and budget management for logistics.
- Experience producing accurate-, timely and efficient reports about all areas related to logistics.
- Proven management- and coordination skills (including HR and stress management).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role (international humanitarian);
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English;
- Ability to write reports in English;
- Open, creative, experienced, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive;
- Diplomatic and tactful, professional and transparent;
- Team spirit and good communication skills;
- Experience in managing people essential;
- Fully proficient in MS-Office, Outlook and Skype an asset;
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger preferred;
- Experience using Kitlog 3.6 an asset;
- Speaking Wolof an asset.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with very Competitive salary
package with additional benefits to include:
Interested candidates should submit their applications with Cv, covering letter and two professional references through https://employ.acf-e.org/index.php/positions/view/1358/Logistic-Manager-For- Gambia
Closing Date: 17th August 2018. Applications sent after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- Start date: As soon as possible;
- Work contract: first contract of 12 months according to Gambia's Labor Code;
- Career development opportunities with Action Against Hunger;
- Comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents;
- Opportunity to work in a good and friendly environment with a dynamic and motivated team;
- Position based in in Banjul with frequent trip to Basse
- Salary: according Action Against Hunger’s salary grill and Ngo’s experiences of the candidate.
Position opened to Gambia Nationals.