The Peace Corps Senegal internship program offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the operations of Peace Corps. Interns at Peace Corps Senegal will have real responsibility and real work. Three intern positions are available in the Programming & Training section and in the administrative section. Successful candidate must be attending technical school or university and preparing to enter the final year or to graduate in 2017. The internship will be three to six months only in duration. Candidates will be selected based on the application submitted and on a strictly competitive basis according to the established qualifications criteria. The internship will be unpaid; however, intern will receive a stipend to cover transportation and lunch during the workweek. Interested candidates should please follow the application instructions.
Peace Corps Senegal seeks a Filing/Archivist Intern in the Finance office motivated and very organized with filing system or archiving experience to assist the Finance office in filing/archiving files for one to three months with the following:
• Create and file folders for new Fiscal Year (FY)17 files
• Review FY16 files for proper checklist and full documentation
• Clear 2 rows on filing cabinet for the new year and archive 2013
• Filing of FY15-16 audit files
• Review of all contracts files for completeness (complete checklist for contracts greater or equal to $3k)
• If possible, find a file cabinet and move purchase & travel cards documents.
• May also help General Services with open obligations follow up (create a file for in transit POs, contracts)
• Filing of medical inventory reports.
• Scanning of new contracts
• End of year T&A file review before printing All PC-57 for staff signature
• Archive old files pull all to reorganize file cabinet for FY17 new files to be pull easily
• Office supplies stock inventory follow up
1. Education (Technical School, University) => Minimum BAC + 2
2. Excellent computer skills in MS Office and a good knowledge of Outlook.
3. Ability to manage varied activities simultaneously and successfully in a fast-paced work environment.
4. French written and spoken equivalent to level 4 and English written and spoken equivalent to level 3
The Peace Corps Senegal Intern Program Application Form is available upon request at : .Interested applicants must submit a completed application packet ON or BEFORE 00:00 by Sunday April 23, 2017 including:
• Peace Corps Senegal Intern Program Application Form
• A cover letter/letter of interest
• Current resume
• Three letters of recommendation
• A copy of relevant diplomas/certificates
1. The application packet must be written in English except for the diplomas and letters of recommendation which may be written in French.
2. The application packet must be sent by post/delivered in person to:
3. Please send only complete application packets. Incomplete application packets will not be considered for selection.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.