Description de l'offre
Chemonics International, Inc., is an international development company based in Washington, D.C. We have many decades of experience working with partner countries around the world to improve the availability of health products and the management of complex supply chains.
Chemonics is searching for candidates for a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) project based in Dakar, Senegal.
The goal of the project is the strengthen supply chains for health products through technical and strategic assistance.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Prior experience with USAID or international NGOs is strongly preferred. Senegalese candidates are encouraged to apply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
As Country Director, the employee is responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Directly supervise the Systems Strengthening Director, Governance and Capacity Building Director, M&E Manager and Operations and Finance Manager, and oversee overall Francophone Task Order (TO) staff in Senegal.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients, partners, and key stakeholders including USAID and local governments.
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect USAID priorities, the Senegal Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders.
- Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training
- Ensure appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals.
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead regular reviews of performance to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for procurement and logistics services. Assess risk quarterly and implement risk management/ mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Regularly report results to USAID, the Ministry of Health, other funders, and the home office. Ensure timely submission of all deliverables.
- Other tasks and objectives as designated by the GHSC-TA Francophone TO Managing Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline.
- Minimum twelve years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects of similar scope in a developing country context.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Fluency in French required. Fluency in English preferred.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position based in Dakar, Senegal.
Please complete an application and send your CV and cover letter using the following link:
The deadline to apply is March 27th, 2017. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Finalists will be contacted.