Title: Capacity Development Lead
Reports to: Chief of Party
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Program Description:
Under the anticipated USAID-funded Senegal Agriculture Value Chain Services project TechnoServe will ensure the scaling and expanded access of farmers active in the feed the future zone of influence to productivity enhancing technologies, on both the production and harvest cycles. This five-year project will work to empower grassroots farmer organizations to develop capacity towards grain consolidation networks, build the capacity of buyers, processors and input dealers to access new technologies and markets. Lastly, the project will enable financial institutions support agricultural growth by developing investment structures which result in increased access to credit, equipment leasing and smallholder farmer insurance mechanisms.
III. Position Description:
The Capacity Development Lead is a senior regional role spearheading the capacity development activities under this project by ensuring the highest quality, efficiency, and best practices in implementation.
The role covers three key components:
(i) The largest component is leading the Sector Wide Training (SWT) activity, which will target processors and industry stakeholders) in core project activities. The SWTs will cover demand-driven topics like quality control, fortification, aflatoxin management and control, business resource management, gender, marketing, and access to finance, and be developed and delivered in close collaboration withlocal training partners.
(ii) Supporting and building capacity of TechnoServe staff to provide quality business advisory services. This may include provision of formal trainings and coaching.
(iii) Liaising between TechnoServe and processors to ensure effective implementation of the remote assistance model and high-quality distance capacity development, between volunteer experts and processors. Extensive collaboration with other team members, in-country and across the project, to ensure coordinated and impactful implementation.
Sector Wide Training
IV. Required Skills and Experience:
- Identify local training institutions and training facilitators in each country. Build relationships for collaborative delivery of training, building the capacity of local institutions to eventually deliver the trainings alone. Work with partner local institutions to develop a sustainability model for ongoing training delivery.
- Using existingtraining modules as a foundation, work with local facilitators to adapt and develop course content targeted to priority needs. Topics may include quality control, fortification, aflatoxin and mycotoxin control, access to finance, production process, operations, safety and hygiene, working conditions, smallholder sourcing, and BoP markets.
- Ensure that all trainings adopt a gender-sensitive approach to both the content and delivery.
- Oversee collaboration between all project stakeholders. Develop a set of standardized trainings on business and technical fundamentals of food processing for delivery to less sophisticated, foundational clients.
- Collaborate with country teams and training partners to achieve significant female participation in the SWTs.
- Oversee roll out and monitoring of trainings to include implementation of quality control systems, providing feedback, learning, and coaching to service providers on both training content and delivery. Ensure incorporation of best practice and learnings from other TechnoServe programs on use of adult learning methodologies and participatory approaches.
- Develop e-learning and online modules from the training curricula, and pursue opportunities for their distribution and promotion.
- Ensure implementation of pre- and post-training reviews to monitor uptake and implementation of training content, feeding this into a process of constant improvement and upgrade.
- Ensure activities carried out are in accordance with TechnoServe and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a relevant area (i.e. food science, business, economics, agriculture, development) an asset.
- Proven track record in application of adult learning methodologies, training of trainers, effective delivery of technical assistance and other capacity development activities.
- Experience building capacity of diverse private sector actors around food production and market systems.
- Basic knowledge around relevant topics an asset, such as: food production and processing, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), worker safety, finance for growing businesses, and food systems value chain development.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, as evidenced by leading roles on successful initiatives engagements of significant scale.
- Significant experience of managing key relationships with stakeholders at a senior level.
- Willingness to travel extensively among project countries.
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills.
- Excellent English skills.
Thank you for sending me your CV, Cover Letter 3 reference persons to : ......