Description de l'offre
Africa Regional Field Accountant
Local position, Dakar, Senegal – Interested candidates must have the right to work in Senegal
Closing Date: January 31st, 2017
Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller International (HKI) headquartered in New York City, works in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States. Its mission is to save the sight and the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. The organization combats the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Each year, our programs directly benefit millions of people. Children are a primary concern. HKI programs work across three pillars of eye-health, nutrition and neglected tropical diseases. HKI has a worldwide annual budget of $83 million. The Africa Region is recruiting two Africa Regional Field Accountants to be based in the Regional Office in Dakar.
Under the supervision of the Africa Regional Finance Manager (ARFM) this position provides support to five or more HKI country offices, including thorough review of month end financial reporting before submission to the or-ganization's Headquarters in the USA or donor financial reports prior to submission to the donor. S/He will collect, review and analyze information from the assigned country offices, recommend strategies to the ARFM for imprbving country office financial reporting and operations; serve as point of contact to countries on HKI financial policies and procedures and participate in country office training ses-sions for country office staff. S/He must be able to work to tight.deadlines, provide timely, comprehensive feedbat k to country offices and have a thorough grasp of work at a country office level to be able to provide training and sup. port as needed.
Detail Responsibilities can be obtained upon request
• Bachelor's degree required in Accounting;
• At least 4 years of related work experience in a non-governmental organization environment;
• Excellent verbal and written English and French requi-red;
• Experience with USAID and other donor rules and regulations preferred;
• Knowledge of QuickBooks, Financial Edge (Blackbaud) or comparable accounting software or ERP system required;
• Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applica-tions required;
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; must be extremely detail oriented;
• Strong problem solving capabilities;
• Excellent communication skills;
Interested persons should submit:
(1) cover letter (2) current curriculum vitae in English to the email address below. The closing date for applications is January 31st, 2017. Please note "HKI FA/Dakar" in the subject line. All correspondence should include physical and e-mail addresses as well as contact telephone number(s). Only E-mail applications will be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please be aware that this is not an international position but local and candidates need to have the right to work in Senegal.