Description de l'offre
Administrator Finance Manager (Admin Fin Manager)
Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organization that aims to provide solutions to hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action Against Hunger focuses on nutrition, health and healthcare practices; food security and livelihoods; water, sanitation and hygiene.
Action Against Hunger-Spain has been operational in Senegal since 2010 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sector strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Know objectives of Action Against Hunger-Senegal are to continue building reputation for nutritional expertise to deliver integrated Nutrition, WASH and FSL assistance in a new Senegambia Food Security and Livelihood s Project name KONKOBAYO. The objective of this project is to Improve the food and nutrition security of vulnerable communities, households and individuals in the targeted Districts of Upper River Region (Basse) and Central River Region (Kuntaur), Eastern Gambia. Action Against Hunger will worked with two local NGO Partners WASDA and WIG.
The Admin Finance manager will handle all responsibilities related to finance and Human Resources in accordance with Action Against Hunger (AAH) standards and procedure at Gambia Base. He/She will be responsible for all Accountancy strictly following donors’ guidelines and AAH guidelines.
In addition, the Finance Manager will be responsible of Accountancy and Finance Management of Gambia Office. Lastly, the Finance Manager give HR support to Country Manager and send every month Finance report to Admin Coordinator in Dakar.
Main Objectives and tasks
The main objectives and tasks will be as follows:
Objective 1: Accountancy
- Financial Management;
- HR Support;
- Food security and livelihoods partnership development.
Objective 2: Financial Management
- Handling of Gambia’s Base Accountancy Books (Cash & Bank);
- Make sure the quality Of Financial Documentation to be achieved, by checking invoices, complete dossier and by putting all required Financial Data on it before releasing payment;
- Enter the based on the Cost Coverage Plan (CCP);
- Keep record of the daily transactions in Excel, and allocate the expenses to the correct accounting code, project code, contract and financial line, or third-party code following the procedures;
- Monitoring all the cheque distribution which related to the Project activities;
- Make monthly reconciliation;
- Advances & others with the approved list from Country Manager, responsible for giving Staff Salary Advances on the 15th of the month, for those that paid through cheque or bank transfer and ensuring they are refunded at the time of Salary Payment;
- Responsible for error-free Agresso closure;
- Send the closure to the Capital Admin Coordinator in Dakar;
- Cross check the Bank reconciliation & ensure the presence of originals invoices charged in Accountancy;
- Ensure that good cash count & bank reconciliation is done & scan copies are sent to Dakar together with accountancy by 3rd day of each the month.
Treasury forecast and quick fund Request
BFU and Financial contract
- Prepare monthly & revised 2nd half treasury forecasts with the collaboration of the Program managers, Logistic department and Country Manager by taking into consideration CCP and budget follow up file, then submit it to the Admin Coordinator in Dakar after final approval of Country Manager;
- Ensure smooth management of bank account and good relations with bank managers.
Objective 3: HR Support
- Assist PM’s and Logistic department in giving correct code (Project code, financial contract code and
financial line code) to their Procurement Requests;
- Ensure that the planned expenses are within a good line with the financial contract;
- Support the Country Manager in preparation and compilation of the needs of Gambia base;
- Focal person for finance in cash transfer activity, particularly in attending any meetings between Financial Institution and ACF;
- Ensure the accurate amount is requested & spent within the time span planned for individual project activities;
- Ensure the quality of documentation associated with the AAH Standards and Donor guidelines with audit requirements, completion, tracking, storage, back up and transfer to Dakar;
- Attend relevant weekly meetings and follow up on pertinent finance questions with each program;
- Design and execute (with the help of finance assistants, where needed) briefings or small trainings to program and logistics staff on financial procedures (documentation, new staff briefings etc);
- Ensure the good quality of Agresso: entries, budget, budget lines…
- Submit weekly monthly accountancy every Friday and monthly closure to Dakar Capital Admin Coordinator at the end of the month.
Objective 4: Finance reports
- Ensure implementation and respect of ACF staff regulations at the Base level, make sure they are well understood plus ensuring that all grievances are first discussed with County Manager and after reported to HR Coordinator Administrative follow up of the staff;
- Make sure all documents in the local employees’ individuals files and check that all files are complete;
- Organize the process of recruitment with the Program Managers and participate in the interviews;
- Prepare employment contracts and send to Dakar all the documents for the employee’s personal file.
- Make sure no one takes a position before signing the contract;
- keep a list of end-of-contract dates for the base’s employees, discuss with Program Managers about renewal or not;
- Ensure the coherence and respect of salary scale at base level and local low;
- Prepare monthly salary database and forward to Dakar;
- Update monthly follow-up of annual leave & sick leave;
- Submit annual leave requests (for the number of days accrued) to Country Manager;
- Make sure all staff have a Job Description, organize their work and annual leave.
- Support the Program Manager in drafting financial parts of partner MoU;
- Train finance partner’s staff on Action Against Hunger finance policy and procedures and donor regulations;
- Support Partner’s staff in finance reporting;
- Prepare donor financial reports and submit it to Admin Coordinator.
Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills
Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to capitalize on past experience and information available within the organization in order to become quickly self-sufficient;
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
Motivation and Involvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a base/mission or the organization itself;
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs);
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
Professionalism and Management
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals;
- Interest in involvement beyond the job assigned, i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organization itself;
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic aspects of the country;
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner;
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of Action Against Hunger;
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, or similar higher degree in finance or related field;
- Further qualification in tropical agriculture or related subject preferred;
- Livelihoods program design and implementation, preferably in West Africa Knowledge in value chain management, PCM;
- At least 2 years minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or
international donors or private sector.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English;
- Ability to write donor Finance reports in English;
- High ethical principles, work under pressure, flexibility with unexpected events, organized and methodical, Honesty and integrity, Excellent organizational skills,
- Proactive-demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action Training and
capacity building experience;
- Professional and transparent;
- Team spirit and good communication skills;
- Knowledge of windows domain, high level of Excel, word and PowerPoint desirable, SAGA a plus;
- Excelente knowledge in Human Ressource Management;
- Mobility between bases as required. No international travels required.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with very Competitive salary package with additional benefits to include:
Interested candidates should submit their applications with Cv, covering letter and two professional references through https://employ.acf-e.org/index.php/positions/view/1355/Administrator-Finance-Manager-Admin-Fin- Manager-For-Gambia
- Start date: As soon as possible;
- Work contract: first contract of 12 months according to Gambia's Labor Code;
- Career development opportunities with Action Against Hunger;
- Comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents;
- Opportunity to work in a good and friendly environment with a dynamic and motivated team;
- Position based in in Banjul with frequent trip to Basse
- Salary: according Action Against Hunger’s salary grill and Ngo’s experiences of the candidate.
Closing Date: 17th August 2018. Applications sent after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Position opened to Gambia Nationals