Description de l'offre
Peace Corps Senegal Internship program for 2017
The Peace Corps Senegal internship program offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the operations of Peace Corps. Interns at Peace Corps Senegal will have real responsibility and real work. Three intern positions are available in the Programming & Training section and in the administrative section. Successful candidate must be attending technical school or university and preparing to enter the final year or to graduate in 2017. The internship will be three to six months only in duration. Candidates will be selected based on the application submitted and on a strictly competitive basis according to the established qualifications criteria. The internship will be unpaid; however, intern will receive a stipend to cover transportation and lunch during the workweek. Interested candidates should please follow the application instructions.
Peace Corps Senegal seeks a A Small Grant Intern – (Program & Training Support) motivated and very organized with accounting or financial experience to assist the Peace Corps Small Grants Coordinator during three months with the following:
• Assisting grants coordinator in the financial closure, reporting, and other administrative requirements of Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) grants such as scanning and uploading receipts to Peace Corps Grants Online (PCGO) ;
• Assuring validity of financial information through financial reconciliation;
• Monitoring/tracking the financial status of each grant ;
• Maintaining and updating a financial calendar for grants that need to be closed ;
• Preparing , reviewing , or re-directing all grant receipts and working with PCVs to ensure they meet agency standard requirements;
• Help Prepare invoice/billings and facilitate the process of collecting remaining grant funds ;
• Computing , reviewing , preparing and ensuring all receipts meet our standard receipt requirements and match final grant budgets submitted by PCVs ;
• Assisting in the closing of all grants ;
• Maintaining /auditing and updating financial database and files ;
• Writing , updating , training and maintaining a Grant Accounting Handbook;
• Help PCVs efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in following PC policy and agency guidelines;
1. Education (Technical School, University) => Minimum BAC + 2
2. Excellent computer skills in MS Office and a good knowledge of Outlook.
3. Ability to manage varied activities simultaneously and successfully in a fast-paced work environment.
4. French written and spoken equivalent to level 4 and English written and spoken equivalent to level 3
The Peace Corps Senegal Intern Program Application Form is available upon request at :
Interested applicants must submit a completed application packet ON or BEFORE 00:00 by Sunday April 23, 2017 including:
• Peace Corps Senegal Intern Program Application Form
• A cover letter/letter of interest
• Current resume
• Three letters of recommendation
• A copy of relevant diplomas/certificates
1. The application packet must be written in English except for the diplomas and letters of recommendation which may be written in French.
2. The application packet must be sent by post/delivered in person to:
3. Please send only complete application packets. Incomplete application packets will not be considered for selection.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.